As Season 1 of the #INFLCR Docuseries comes to a close, Influencer (#INFLCR) CEO Jim Cavale reflects on the faith-filled journey he’s taken during the SaaS company’s first year while pressing onward to renew and pursue clients and fostering relationships to help develop startups and encourage business leaders in Birmingham, Alabama.
Episode 8 once again highlights Cavale’s desire to see Birmingham entrepreneurs cultivate its ecosystem, beginning with the gathering of a three local tech startups and dozens of investors for the inaugural Birmingham Founders Social. In the upstairs event space of Asian-Fusion restaurant, EastWest, local CEOs and co-founders heard from three startup CEOs who have had recent success in the city: Yazmin Cavale (GLOW), Hassan Riggs (Smart Alto) and Tommy Mayfield (Wyndy). By the end of the spring recap, Cavale speaks to members of the Rise of the Rest team, including Revolution Chairman and CEO Steve Case, Founder of AOL, and gives a charge to Rotaract Club members to not let individual or business identity get caught up in the work but to provide opportunities to build relationships, especially with someone different, through sharing stories.
Sandwiched between the moments of local reinvestment, Cavale hit the road to new INFLCR software client Troy University to speak about the importance of sharing your story to draw more eyes to the team, along with a trip to the University of Kentucky for renewal meetings, after a quick trip to Washington, D.C. to make a pitch to the NFLPA and to attend the honoring of the University of Alabama football team’s national champion on the White House lawn.
Mixed among the business trips is fun with family, a trip to historic Keeneland with his father, and a cameo from his son, James IV.
- Birmingham Founders Social, EastWest Kitchen & Bar – Birmingham, Alabama
- Troy University, Troy, Alabama
- NFL Players Association – Washington, D.C.
- White House – Washington, D.C.
- University of Kentucky – Lexington, Kentucky
- Keeneland – Lexington, Kentucky
- Innovation Depot – Birmingham, Alabama
- Birmingham Rotaract Club Luncheon, Harbert Center – Birmingham, Alabama
- Jonathan Sides, Fleetio CFO, Angel Investor
- Yazmin Cavale, Glow Co-Founder, CEO
- Hassan Riggs, Smartalto Co-Founder, CEO
- Tommy Mayfield, Wyndy Co-Founder, CEO
- Steve Case, Revolution Chairman & CEO, AOL founder
- James Cavale II, Jim’s father
- James Cavale IV, Jim’s son
- Tom Patterson, Daxko Founder
MOMENTS NOT TO MISS
- Birmingham entrepreneurs introduce their startups at the Birmingham Founders Social
- Visits to Troy Football, the White House, University of Kentucky, Keeneland Race Track
- Cavale speaks to Birmingham leaders at the Rotaract Club